Steinway Style 2 (Modified by Kent Swafford)

John Hartman [link redacted at request of site owner - Jul 25, 2015] [link redacted at request of site owner - Jul 25, 2015]
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 21:31:39 -0500

Richard Brekne wrote:

> Thanks once again John. You do supply at the same time here a potential
> solution to Kents dilema... lessen the tension of the strings and relax
> the stress on the block. Might be worth a shot.

Well I wouldn't recommend lowering the tension just to get the action
out. A piano technician friend was doing that to remove the strings and
the plate cracked.

John Hartman RPT

John Hartman Pianos
Rebuilding Steinway and Mason & Hamlin
Grand Pianos Since 1979

Piano Technicians Journal
Journal Illustrator/Contributing Editor

John Hartman
The Universal, How-to, Hands-on Illustrator