tone change

Christopher D. Purdy purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:01:34 -0500

Duaine,

Thanks for your reply.  I hadn't thought of the grooves made by bass
string windings.  It seems that the bass section is usually where I
notice this too so that makes sense.  The problem here is that the
biggest change in tone is in the middle section, third through fifth
octaves.

I also agree about hammer shaping but this is an old monster, It's
past filing and needs new hammers.  I don't think this old fella is
really worth it.

chris