Sohmer grand

Carl Meyer cmpiano@comcast.net
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 12:13:34 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Ross" <jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2004 2:16 PM
Subject: Re: Sohmer grand

> Hi Carl,
> I have seen the backchecks twisted, to align with the hammers. Not that I
> consider it correct.
> It was on a fairly new Korean piano if I remember correctly.
> It might be an easy way out of your dilemma.

John, thanks,  I've seen this too and I might have considered it if the tail
were straight.  They are tapered the wrong way, so the backcheck would be
twisted severely.  This might put side stress on the hammer flange resulting
in premature loose center pins.  I'm putting my ingenuity and foresight  to
work on this dilemma and I'll let the list know when I bring forth my
ultimate breakthrough creative solution.

Carl Meyer Ptg assoc
Santa Clara, Ca.