Help with unusual wippen, please!

JWyatt1492@aol.com JWyatt1492@aol.com
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 20:50:04 EST

Hello Benny,

    This wippen was invented by Josef
Herrburger.  He received a  Patent  March
25, 1890.

   The last piano I saw with this action was in
what  I believe to be an  " A. M. Hume".

Regulate it as you would any other "standard"
modern action.

   By the way The Hume is an outstanding
Piano. There is a very interesting story here
but that would be for another time.  Remind
me sometime and I will tell you.

 Herrburger worked for Jean Schwander in his
early years and started his own action factory
later in N.Y. City.

   A working model of this action, with orginial
parts,  will be displayed in the  New Foundation
Musem  at the 2005 Convention in Kansas
City

    Hello David N. good to hear from you.

Regards to All,