pianotech@ptg.org

Jean-Jacques Granas jjgranas@zigzag.pl
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 13:27:13 +0100

 About the semi-queue:

2 metres would be about 6.562 feet (about 6 feet 6 1/2 inches).=20
As far as some other interesting terms/expressions are concerned:
- 'n'est pas une parole en l'air' means 'not words spoken lightly';
- 'monobloc' is a term which usually indicates that something is made in =
one piece, as opposed to assembled elements;
Another interesting term, from Stephane Collin's post, is the term =
'crapaud' which translates literally as 'toad'.=20
That's what the French call the baby grand, though I am surprised they =
include instruments as long as 1.80 in the toad category. I didn't =
realize that.
Gee, I thought my 1905, 6 foot 3 Bluthner is a semi-grand ... It is =
barely a bloated toad ... Horrors !!!

Cheers

jj
=20