Grand Piano Jack reference

Wed, 3 Mar 2004 13:11:28 -0000

Hello List and Dave Smith
The "Grand Raiser" being referred to here:=20
"I have been unable to find the article by Susan Graham on jack in the =
box for grand, by searching my CD roms.  I guess my searching skills are =
not up to snuff.   Can anyone please provide the PTG Journal reference =
issue date?  I have a grand leg repair coming up and dont' feel lift =
lifting......"
.... is quite an inexpensive item. It is merely a car jack mounted on a =
tripod. You know those tripods available in the DIY automotive stores =
with a "U" on top for an axle? Weld a hand-wound car jack onto that and =
you've got it. Some Supply Houses sell them as "Grand Piano Raiser"
For goodness sake - and for your back - don't even think of trying to =
lift a grand and with the other foot nudge a pile of books under..... =
Yoweee!
Regards from Sunny Sussex-on-Sea
Michael G (UK)