sticky notes on grand actions - Help Please!!

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 15:49:20 -0500

Steve,
Greater detail may help. Where are you located ( ie how extreme is the
climate)? Are you working for a dealer (which may imply a commonality
in your customer base), or as a self employed generalist (century old
upright in the morning, 30 year old Kimball spinet at noon, 2 year old
stencil piano made by a non-stellar Chinese piano manufacturer)?
If most of your customer base are, say, folks who got consoles at a
recent armory sale, frozen action centers may be due to poorly plated
center pins, poorly seasoned parts that are swelling and warping, etc.
I recall that back in the late 70s Sid Stone wrote a list of "reasons
why a key may stick": I believe there were more than twenty.

Patrick