Commerce/RicB

Thu, 04 Mar 2004 22:27:30 +0100

David Skolnik wrote:
> Two questions Ric-
>
> Why are you making available, for free, something that lists for close
> to $500?
> It would seem clear that such a download would have no customer
> support.  Is that, or copyright issues a cause for concern?
>
> Questions from the age of suspicion!!
>
> David Skolnik

As I have said on three occasions now... this is the Commence 2000
version which was given free to anyone who purchased the August (I
beleive it was) edition of the magazine PC Plus. It is then a 4 year old
giveaway that I have been useing since that time. Actually... I have
been using Commence since 1998 as the first version of this program was
also given away in similiar style.

Such giveaways are promotional and they want really to get larger
companies to upgrade to multiuser licences, so the give away versions
are not network capable... but being a single user based kinda guy...
grin.. that suits me just fine.

No customer support of course for a 4 year old product. Copyright ???
Doubtfull that this is an issue for anyone at this point. Besides...
its doing Commence Corp more good then anything else if one first wants
to look at things. One can always buy the newest latest version and get
all the latest goodies and support as well if one likes what one sees.

No doubt the latest Commence will be available for single users on some
mag soon anyways.  Some of the best software I have comes from those mags.

Cheers

RicB