Changing (IN)Harmonicity

baoli liu baoli_liu@yahoo.com
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 07:31:56 -0800 (PST)

when the hammer strike the string,the string tension
will be increased. as a result, the frequencies of all
of the partials will be raised at different
level,depends on how the pianist play and how the
hammer/string is.

General speaking,a heavy hammer can raise the lower
partial frequencies more and raise the higher partials
frequencies less.

When we check the inharmonicity,any tuning machine
simply assume that the first partial(fundamental)has
none inharmonicity.in the real world,any
partial,including the fundamental, has
imharmoniucity.in other words,the tuning machine check
the "relitive inharmonicity",not the real one.
Baoli