OT Re: Fwd: Cowboys & (OT)

antares antares@euronet.nl
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 23:01:39 +0100

On 6-mrt-04, at 22:28, Richard Brekne wrote:

> Bill Ballard wrote:
>> At 9:42 AM -0800 3/6/04, pianolover 88 wrote:
>>> "That's 'cause we ain't played Cowboys and Muslims yet. But I do
>>> believe it's a-comin."
>> Yep, love them genocide jokes. They're much easier to swallow than
>> historical facts.
>
> Yes... well I might follow you a ways down that road...
> reluctantly...except that this was no joke, and said alot more about
> the <<cowboy>> then it said about the indian or the muslim...
>
> sigh...
>
>> Mr. Bill.
> RicB

Well, if we are going just a bit further, it actually tells us that the
cowboy has waged war in the past on the Indians, has eradicated them
and is ready to wage war on the muslims to do just the same thing.
The American Indian is the oldest victim and the Muslim threatens both
the Indian and the cowboy with yet another war.
The American cowboy is an example of white Western supremacy, the
Muslim in this joke acts like the new oppressor, taking blind and dumb
revenge on the erstwhile tyrant, and the American Indian is the
ultimate and oldest victim.
It also shows that  the difference between religions and ultimately the
total lack of tolerance is always and has always been the cause of all
out war.
The Indian is the token victim of imbecilic criminals.

The modern world in a  nutshell.

so shall we get back to piano's ?

friendly greetings
from