New Topic: Bass Cantilever Bridges

Sun, 7 Mar 2004 12:41:29 -0000

Hello List and Calin T who said (inter alia):
"3. Use a floating soundboard - which I think is the most useful =
approach. It was used by many French piano makers, especially Pleyel. =
Ron Overs has a really interesting article on his about a Yamaha grand =
where he floated the bass area of the soundboard."
    Yes, I have a feeling that Ibach used the floating soundboard =
principle in their "double-overstrung" 5ft. +- grands. Thanks for the =
info. I am hoping now that Ron O. will comment - or give me directions =
to the article you mention.
Must be nearly lunch-time! Pofta buna!
Regards
Michael G (UK)