OT Re: Fwd: Cowboys & (OT)

antares antares@euronet.nl
Sun, 7 Mar 2004 15:55:54 +0100

To all :

Sometimes I may be a bit bold in my statements, that's my nature. I too=20=

have a lot to learn and if I have irritated someone out there, then my=20=

apologies.
My words in regard to this 'joke' matter, were a reflection on my=20
friend Richard Brekne who I know on a personal basis and who I respect=20=

very much.
Please note : my words were not meant in a personal way to anybody on=20
this list.
They were meant as a mere statement about injustice and war in general=20=

and my reaction comes from my 55 years of experience and from living in=20=

the war zone, which this world has turned into.

I have traveled to many countries all over the world. Many many times=20
to the US (still my favorite) and also many times to Arabic and Asian=20
countries.
I understand something about these countries and about the people who=20
live there, and it has opened my eyes and changed my way of thinking.
I have no particular bad feelings about the inhabitants of any country=20=

because they, the inhabitants, are our fellow humans.
Our cultures, religions and the color of our skin may differ, but in a=20=

way, we're all the same. We all want food and shelter and safety and=20
lead a happy life.
Respect and tolerance are the key words, blind hate and war have always=20=

created the deepest misery thinkable and should be avoided at all cost.
If we read our history books, we see that they are drenched with blood=20=

and intolerance, almost page after page.
Many peoples have already been eradicated or made into speechless=20
zombies : American Indians, South American Indians and  Aboriginal=20
people in Australia and many more, and this mostly out of pure greed,=20
blind religious intolerance, economic motives or just plain savagery.
I am not holy. On the contrary, I am just a small insignificant blob on=20=

this side of the globe and I have actually no desire to make political=20=

statements.
However, sometimes my heart speaks and sometimes I too react because I=20=

am not perfect you know.
I am not sorry that I did it, I just forgot to put OT in the header.

Just to make some things clear.

Friendly greetings,
from
Andr=E9 Oorebeek

On 7-mrt-04, at 13:36, Richard Brekne wrote:

> Kevin E. Ramsey wrote:
>
>> Yes, it does say a lot about the cowboy...  and I don't think he=20
>> cares a whole lot what other people think, do you?
>> Kevin.
>
> Hmmm... I agree Kevin... seems to me like the <<cowboy>> here doesnt=20=

> give a flying **** about other people whatsoever... sadly
>

>>>  Bill Ballard wrote:
>>>
>>>  Like the t-shirt says, "Kill "em All, Let God Sort 'Em out."=20
>>> Thought for the day: no justice, no peace.
>
> -Mr. Bill-
>
>>>   Jean wrote :
>>>
>>>  It never ceases to amaze me how things that make certain people=20
>>> shudder make others chuckle instead. Wickedness is not amusing ...
>
> -Jean-Jacques Granas-
>

>>> Cy Shuster wrote :
>>>  I found it hateful.
>
> --Cy--