Electric Planers & Blades & Pinblocks

Tue, 09 Mar 2004 17:58:33 +0100

Farrell wrote:

> It seems that running wood through the planer with the grain parallel to
> the knives is hardest on the planer. Are there any wisdom-type rules for
> such grain when planing with an electric planer?

Isnt that for the same reasons that its harder to rip a board then cut
cross grain ??

> Oh, and here is a picture of my latest pinblock. Quarter-sawn hard-maple
> epoxy-bonded with a Delignit cap. Operators are standing by......

Neat photo... why the delignit cap ??

> Terry Farrell

Terry.. I've finally decided what I'd do if I won 20 billion dollars in
the lottery !!... I'd bring you over here, build us the spiffiest
equipped piano making workshop you could imagine... and back the first
new piano making factory in Scandinavia in 60 years... we'd make and
sell the "Farrell & Friends" :)

Cheers
RicB