Nine foot something

Keith Roberts kpiano@goldrush.com
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 20:55:25 -0800

Well, Things are as bad as they look. I didn't have any time to do much =
of anything other than grab the action and run. The drama class was =
having testing and I had to wait for a break. Obviously the guy I'm =
dealing with doesn't get informed of the schedule. I set letoff up to =
string height on the end of each section. It was a good thing I had made =
the start of a regulation circle already or I wouldn't have believed =
that the A0 was the same height as the first note on the tenor. The =
string plane goes up 3/8  inch across the bass section and 1/4 inch =
across the first tenor section. The hammers are overcentering badly at =
the end of each section. I noticed a lot of light under the plate and =
you can see teh plate is 1/2 inch or more above the soundboard on the =
dowels at either side of the plate bolts. Do you think the bridge is =
high enough? What were they thinking?

Can anybody guess what I'm likely to find next? I don't get to go back =
for a couple days.

Keith Roberts