Steinberg baby grand

Wed, 10 Mar 2004 09:34:06 -0000

Hello List and Ric B
I have an appointment this coming Friday to deal with what is most certainly
going to be a carbon copy of the Steinberg you are mentioning here. I shall
look out for those points you mention. The "soft pedal" can be one of three
ways can't it. There's even a "half blow" in some baby grands - and pedal
shift to the Left is not uncommon - Ibach use this system. I have even come
across a shifting mechanism in an old upright! In these the Hammer Rail
slides through the wooden action stays.
Regards from a beautiful sunny day (started frosty) in the heart of the
Sussex Downs.
Michael G (UK)
ps. Spring is on the way! - and I don't mean damper spring... :-)