parts nomenclature

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 07:36:16 -0500

On Mar 10, 2004, at 4:52 AM, Michael Gamble wrote:

>  Not that it matters, of course, I wouldn't want to spoil your day
> completely by asserting the USofA nomenclature was up the creek...
> Would I ?

It's quite true that Mason's is a guide to piano nomenclature in the
US, and that usage in other locales ( England, Australia, etc.) follows
its own patterns, and it is a bit xenophobia of us to insist you
convert. But this is a US based list, so you can expect to find us
favoring our own authorities on terminology.
Patrick