***Re: Nine foot something - quickie hammer centre check

kpiano kpiano@goldrush.com
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 13:05:03 -0800

> Black stuff in centerpin bushings ??? sounds like your typical graphite
> to me.
>
> RicB

That's what I thought but the way the rest of the piano is, I wondered. When I pulled some of
the flanges there was paper on both sides of the flanges. sometimes equal amounts. The guy
that traveled the shanks the second time didn't do any better job than the first guy.

While I was reaming the bushings with my new set from Joe Goss, they were making a squeal
sound. I didn't get out my accutuner so I can't tell you what pitch it was. Just on a slow push
pull. Does Joe harmonically tune his reamers? Old damper heads from an upright make a good
set of handles for them.

Keith Roberts