CA glue

William R. Monroe A440WRMPiano@tm.net
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 17:17:57 -0600

RE: CA glueWhy the preference for hypo-oilers?  At least with the =
Dryburgh Glues, you can get a dozen "pro-tips for a couple bucks.  They =
are thin disposable tips (much like the hypo- oiler, but plastic).  Just =
use the original cap, cut off the end, put on a pro-tip, and glue till =
your woozy!  The only drawback I have found is that you must be cautious =
to get the pro-tip on tightly so you don't have it get knocked off =
during the process - yeah, DAMHIK! Otherwise, works great and no clogged =
tips cause you dispose of it when you finish.

William R. Monroe
Assoc.
Madison, WI

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Jon Ralinovsky=20
  To: DeanMay@PianoRebuilders.com ; Pianotech=20
  Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 5:16 PM
  Subject: RE: CA glue

  Hi Dean,
  You can use acetone as a solvent to clean your clogged tips; it's =
listed at the bottom of this website.

  http://www.gulfcoastwoodturners.org/Archives/Cyanoacrylate_Glue.htm

  Respectfully,
  Jon

    Whatever you use, the tips will plug eventually, so get plenty of =
them. I
    peel the label off an empty glue bottle and put it on the hypo oiler =
so I
    know what is in there (doesn't everyone have a dozen hypos on their =
bench
    with various unknown fluids in them?). When the tip plugs I just =
change tips
    and throw the new hypo bottle away. Wish I could buy just the tips
    somewhere.

    Blessings to all,

    Dean

--=20