humidity control and house fires

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 13:18:22 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Michael Gamble
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2004 1:11 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: humidity control and house fires

Hello List et al
I frequently come across a piano heater - really ancient - which is
simply
an insulated element which has been attached in a zig-zag configuration
the back of the "knee-board" There is a round three pin socket (male)
let
into the panel. I have never come across one working though. The length
of
that element is such that the configuration takes up at least ten
side-to-side (or end-to-end) stretches across the back of the
knee-board.
This is the sort of heater which could cause fires....
Regards
Michael G (UK)

Mr.G.
	Do you mean the lower front panel?
	Major grin from the American nomenclature police here.
	Tom Driscoll