humidity control and house fires

Fri, 12 Mar 2004 18:56:04 -0000

Hello List and John R. who said:
"I bought it, brought it back, went to plug it in, and lo and behold, no
plug."
They like to tease you don't they? :-) Actually most electrical goods is now
supplied with a plastic moulded plug attached. Now the electric sockets are
standardised to 13amp. square pin in a triangular config. Rather like the
Canadian three-pin plugs but a LOT beefier. There's also a fuse holder
within the plug and fuses are obtainable in several ratings up to the 13
amp.
We used to have two pin 5amp, 3 pin 3 amp, 3pin 15amp. - this latter
pluggery (or plocketry) is now standard theatrical lighting in the UK.
Fish and Chips arrived so toodle-oo all
Michael G (UK)