Pratt Read Question

trc3j@juno.com trc3j@juno.com
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 10:06:58 -0500

I have a Pratt Read action that needs much attention and I am still quite
new at this. It looks like a great opportunity to learn by doing but I
could definitely use some guidance.
The flanges, damper levers, and back checks are all plastic. Many of the
back checks were broken off when I opened the piano. They all appear to
be very brittle and I suspect that a light twist would break the rest of
them one by one. At least three of the jack flanges are broken and one
damper lever is also broken. It appears obvious to me that a complete
replacement of the back checks is in order and the other broken parts as
well. It is my concern that as I get into it that I am going to find more
if not all of the rest of the plastic to be as brittle.

What say Ye?

Tim