Nine foot maybe

Kevin E. Ramsey kevin.e.ramsey@cox.net
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 08:37:06 -0700

As far as getting a needle into a dremel, you have to buy a smaller =
collet, which is a minimal expense.

Kevin.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Keith Roberts=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2004 8:12 AM
  Subject: Nine foot maybe

  How did Ed figure getting the needle in the dremmel? Don't laugh. I =
may need something like that. About=20
  5mm is all you can push a needle in. If I drive three=20
   needles 6mm in, I need a pry bar to get them out without breaking the =
hammer. I am going to go with the Jolly method and try to run a center =
stitch with a single # 12 needle. Push it all the way to wood then hope =
I can get it out. Then I think I would critically wound any hard spots =
in the hammers but in this case that is the whole hammer.  Voicing may =
be real easy because needling might be fruitless.=20
  Anybody know any other ways to attack these hammers?
  Any slick ways of getting a broken needle out of a hammer?

  Keith Roberts