new topic - Are two Bridge Pins necessary

Sun, 14 Mar 2004 21:33:24 -0000

Hello List - is this a new topic? Surely not! Well, I'll charge on =
regardless.
Piano Make:  Broadwood
Type: Grand
Length: 132cm
Number: 251233 (c.1933)
Action: what we call "Simplex" - or "D" - no Rollers or Levers - =
loop&spring + set-off button.
7 1/4 8ve.
Bass bridge: This has one single pin to each covered string.
Main bridge: At the treble break and top break it is relieved to allow =
for a fuller plate bar.
This is the problem area! At both breaks the back-scale bridge pin has =
broken away the bridge - due to the paucity of bridge material to keep =
it in place.=20
This has no tonal affect!
Question. Are two bridge pins really necessary?
Over to you, List!
Regards
Michael G (UK)
p.s.Great concert at the RFH, London this morning - for children. My old =
friends the LPO playing.