Roto ZIp- Shop tips, glue removal

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 18:12:14 EST

In a message dated 3/15/2004 10:39:47 AM Pacific Standard Time,
lclgcnp@yahoo.com writes:
Other methods I have used to remove old horse glue
are:1) Lay damp felt over it.
2) Slather on a  coat of thick PVC( Aileeen's Tacky
)glue or non-waterproof Titebond. This has enough
moisture in it to soften the old glue underneath, but
is not so wet as to damage the wood. Let sit a few
minutes, then scrape off the whole gloopy mass.
     Peace,
     Thump
   Thump
   I do that first of course this is just the final cleaning & toothing
before glue    up.Initially  I use vinegar & water soak first then use a steam iron
over wet cloth strips to soften  & scrape away.
   Dale

Erwins Pianos Restorations
4721 Parker Rd.
Modesto, Ca 95357