Koval 1.2 WT

Mon, 15 Mar 2004 20:01:00 -0800

Just want to report on my new favorite WT.  Koval's 1.2, a very mild WT with a M3 range of 12 - 15 cents.  Though I am a default user of ET, I had been looking for a very mild WT to use with certain pianos that needed something a bit extra to take the edge off.  While most WTs, even mild ones, are too strong for me (even M3 10 - 17 range is too much for my ears), this one works quite nicely.  Try it on a small Steinway vertical, or a little Kimball., Wurlitzer, Baldwin Acrosonic.  With the right stretch settings, it really warms them up.  The differences are subtle but there.  I'm sure Ron won't mind me sharing the offsets (if I got them right):

A       0.00
A#     1.04
B       -0.60
C        1.20