(no subject)

John M. Formsma john@formsmapiano.com
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 06:29:06 -0600

------=_NextPart_001_0010_01C40BE9.26058D00
Clear DayJim,

You might try http://www.grandgrands.com

>From what I've heard around this area, they have a reputation for helping to
sell Steinways.

John Formsma
  -----Original Message-----
  From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Jim Kinnear
  Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 10:36 PM
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Subject: (no subject)

  Dear List

  Occasionally I have a customer with a piano that exceeds the usual variety
of available items, and they wish to have me establish a 'value'. One makes
the usual obsevations and explanations about markets etc, but there is
obviously a difference between a Kimball spinet, and a Yamaha studio,
irrespective of the 'market', or perhaps because of it.

  Can anyone shed some light on a source of relative values, or a website
that may be helpful . . . I often use ebay just to get an idea about what
things are 'going for', but this is probably very reliable . . .

  Case in point, which has spurred this inquiry . . My customer has a 1962
Steinway upright, model V125 in wonderful shape. Other than to assure them
it is quite a lovely instrument, I am suggesting that it might do better in
a wider market . .

  Any ideas ??

  Jim Kinnear

  The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress

          -- Joseph Joubert (1754-1824) French Philosopher

------=_NextPart_001_0010_01C40BE9.26058D00
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------=_NextPart_001_0010_01C40BE9.26058D00--

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...