Making long bridges

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 00:07:56 EST

In a message dated 3/17/2004 7:52:51 PM Pacific Standard Time,
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net writes:
Was hoping to get some information sooner than I would be able to do that.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net
  David.
  What are you up to?
  I know that Ron N makes his own laminates about 2.5 mm thick or there a
bouts.
  Although I haven't done it I think one could start  with a paper or mylar
template of the shape you need/ want. Get a 2 by 6 or 8 ,transfer the shape to
the board & cut your basic curve. Now you have 2 identical pieces. Fasten one
piece to a flat deck of some kind  ie. plywood etc. Then prep your laminate
pieces, lay them up and do a dry fit clamping them  in between  the curved 2 by
6/8 caul former.
  Make sense? Hmm I think I'll try it.
  Dale