How about those dampers?

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 07:37:45 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Brekne" <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2004 7:17 AM
Subject: Re: How about those dampers?

> These look new. Is this a replacement job before trimming ?  I dont
> think dampers were ever made this way so as to be left untrimmed.
>
> That looks like a screwed in cross strut  above the strings. Is this a
> Steinway model ?
>
> More info please !

I only went to have a look.  It's a B from 1923.  The (most recent)
rebuilding must be about 30 years old because the action is Teflon.  The
soundboard has that picket fence look--shimmed, cracked open again, more
cracks with glue poured in some--nice glue stalactites underneath!  The bass
is D-E-A-D.

I know--it's everyone's dream piano.  Oh, stop drooling!!  :-)

Barbara Richmond