Verituner stretch point questions

Mark Davidson mark.davidson@mindspring.com
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 10:16:45 -0500

Looking at chapter 9 of the Verituner manual
and had some questions for anyone...

( If you have a fast connection you can see it here:
http://www.verituneinc.com/download/UG7.pdf )

Manual defines a stretch point as a combination
of note/interval/beats/weight, e.g.

A3 / 4:2 Octave / +.33 / 100%

which I think means that the interval A3 - A4
should be tuned as .33 beats/sec wide of a 4:2
octave.

It doesn't say so explicitly (at least, I couldn't
find it) but I assume the interval is with the
note above if the stretch point is below A4
and with the note below if above A4.
In other words, an A0 octave means A0-A1,
but a C8 octave means C7-C8.  Yes?

Also, what does it mean to have an A4
stretch point, since A4 isn't stretched?
Manual says A3 and A4 stretch points
are required and should be the same.
Or is it just kind of redundant but has
to be there...