Keeping A440

Dean May DeanMay@PianoRebuilders.com
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 18:50:44 -0500

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On =
Behalf Of Alpha88x@aol.com
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 7:45 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Keeping A440
=20
Greetings,
 =20
             I have a new customer who is head of a music department. =
Claims she gets all the pianos tuned 3 times a year: All newer (1980+ -) =
Yamahas. One is a grand C7.  I found them all around 8 cycles flat!  I =
find this difficult to fathom. Yet the tuner's card is inside the piano =
with all the dates written on it.=20

              I am really having a hard time believing that these pianos =
were actually brought up to pitch at each tuning. I own a Yamaha. They =
hold a tuning (In my home anyway). The pianos are only used about 10 =
hours a week more than a residence. What could be causing such a drop?=20

rookie
Julia Gottchall'
Reading, PA =20