Micro-fiber

Kevin E. Ramsey kevin.e.ramsey@cox.net
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 18:38:33 -0700

I just wanted to plug a product that I've been using in my tuning service
quite a bit lately.  I saw some of these micro-fiber towels at this large
warehouse retail store that we all love here in Arizona; Costco.  These just
looked like a high-tech towel for cleaning things.  I remembered that I had
bought some little computer clothes for cleaning the screen of your
computer, and they were also this micro-fiber stuff, which did just an
amazing job on dust and smudges without any chemicals. So I see these
micro-fiber cloths in a 10 pack and I bought some.

Man, oh man, these were the best things I could have bought. I do a lot of
concert work here in Phoenix, and the movers end up leaving the high polish
pianos just covered with hand and arm prints. The C7, or CFS ends up getting
spotlighted, and I just can't leave it for the stage crew to clean, I'm
never sure if they would do that, or not.  I now always carry one of these
cloths in my second tuning kit, and when I'm done tuning a piano, I'll wipe
the hand prints and junk off the piano and make it sparkle again. It can
even clean satin finishes without any de-greasing agent.

I just have the cloth a little damp, and keep it in a zip-lock bag. It lasts
me for about a week before I throw it in the laundry. After washing, I let
it air dry. If you put it in the dryer, it gets too exposed to lint.
I went back to Costco after buying a couple of sets of these things, and
they were no longer carrying those, but today I was out and they had this
big bin of micro-fiber car cleaning cloths near the entrance. A dozen 16" by
16" towels for $19.95.  I bought two packs, and that should be a life-time
supply.

The ones I bought today have a web-site www.eurowcorp.com   but I tried it
and it's a dead link. They have an 800 number that is (800) 747-7452

The original ones I got, you can but a six pack of 12" x12" cloths for $10.
They're at  www.microfiber.org

I don't own stock in either company, and this isn't a sales pitch. I gave a
few of these to a friend of mine who's a finish guy, and he immediately went
out a bought a bunch of them. I've given a few to people who work the sales
floor, and they've also gone and bought more of them.

Hey, if Ric can hand me a data-base application, then the least I can do it
to try to help out also.

Kevin E. Ramsey