There's always a hitch

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 22:58:06 -0400

MessageI remember hearing someplace, that they stabilize much better.
Sorry, I can't remember, who made the statement, but it was on the list some years ago. (I think)
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Peter Lamos
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2004 10:01 PM
  Subject: There's always a hitch

  List,
      I prepped a Kohler & Campbell grand (KCG-650) the other day and being of little knowledge I was wondering what is the point of having all the treble wires each individually tied off on their own hitch pin.  Surely it can't be tuning stability(?).  Or is it intended to save $$ for those that habitually break strings?  You know, better to break just one than two.

  Confused but peaceful,
  Peter Lamos
  Brunswick, GA

  selahpiano@hotmail.com