There's always a hitch

James Grebe pianoman@accessus.net
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 19:40:53 -0600

Message2 loops around the hitch pin allows you to monitor which strings =
you, yourself have put on if there originals are one time around.
James Grebe
Piano-Forte Tuning & Repair
Artisan of Wood
WWW.JamesGrebe.com
1526 Raspberry Lane
Arnold, MO 63010
pianoman@accessus.net
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Cy Shuster=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 10:55 AM
  Subject: Re: There's always a hitch

  I doubt that it saves time or money, with the extra cost of preparing =
and inventorying individual string lengths for each piano model, and =
then pulling them out of stock.  Compare that with a bulk reel of wire =
of a certain gauge: only takes a second to snip it to the right length, =
and you've got the same number of tuning pin coils to make.

  It is amazing that a 180 around a hitch pin is sufficient to separate =
two different tensions.  Some hitch pin loops are formed with two wraps =
around the pin; I wonder why they don't do two loops around every pin?  =
(Must not make a difference, eh?)

  --Cy Shuster--
  Rochester, MN
    ----- Original Message -----=20