Journal Artical - BAD IDEA!

Carl Meyer cmpiano@comcast.net
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 20:47:35 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "gordon stelter" <lclgcnp@yahoo.com>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2004 11:44 AM
Subject: Re: Journal Artical - BAD IDEA!

> Um. Why not just run a  lot of high-pressure hose
> around the shop?
>     Thump

That will of course work, but my caution is that each clamp along the wall
or ceiling will create a loop allowing moisture to collect.  The rigid
copper tubing should be installed with about 1/4 inch per foot drop.  Each
low spot can be fitted with a drain.  Moisture then will be expelled.  A
compressor running continuously will heat the air and hot air will carry
moisture through the traps.  Best to put traps as far from the compressor as
possible after the air has cooled..  One time I ran air thru a coiled hose
put in a bucket of water and a trap afterward to get the water out of my
compressor that was running most of the time for a several hour job.  Then I
used an additional trap at the end of the line.

Carl Meyer Ptg assoc
Santa Clara, Ca.