Peace (OT)

antares antares@euronet.nl
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 00:08:05 +0100

On 23-mrt-04, at 14:38, Dean May wrote:

> Nope, actually I am preaching to the right choir. I dare say most of
> the
> Americans and Christians reading this list support Bush's "war on
> terror"
> and have allowed themselves to get caught up in patriotic war fever.
> Please
> do not lump me in that group. I have taken more than my fair share of
> licks
> for my unpopular stance on this war.

Well Dean, even if you belong to whatever group, then that's your
choice and it is not up to me to judge you.
However, if you approach others on this list with the intention of
telling them that your deity will solve all the problems if we see the
light too, you assume that obeying the principles and dogma's of your
religion is THE correct way and will be accepted by all, because 'we
are so used' to the fact that religious people tell us about their
'way'.
I tried to make clear to you that 'your way' is one of many, that most
'way's' are completely different from each other, that history has
proven that most religions fight each other to the death and that it
irritates me that you don't care about 'the way' of others.

> Peace comes when men embrace God's law.

And there you have it.
Again you assume that when I embrace the law of your deity that there
will be peace.
I know that you mean it in a nice way, but you know what, I have had
already too many encounters with well meaning religious people and I am
tired of telling them to leave me alone with my own stuff and not
bother to tell convince me about theirs.
How would you like it when I kept telling you that "peace comes when
man embrace Donald Ducks law"?
Man, it would be an insult to your intelligence!
Can you not understand that?
Is it so hard to accept that there are many and I mean - many - people
who do not want to be bothered with the supposed deities of others?
I do not accept your religious statements. I have not asked for them
and I did not become a subscriber to pianotech to discuss this stuff
either

Nevertheless,
again
friendly greetings