Good Advice, but still Nervous

Brian Doepke doepkeb@comcast.net
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 20:34:13 -0500

Where do I get such blocks of felt?  Do I make them?  Must I order them?

My appointment ins this Saturday.  I am not sure if I have enough time
to order any...if they are available.

I'll check in Schaff.

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: D.L. Bullock [mailto:dlbullock@att.net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 11:18 AM
To: PTG; Brian Doepke
Subject: RE: Good Advice, but still Nervous

Most pianos have a block of felt glued to the hammer rail felt in order
to stop the rail rise against the action bracket.  This is a regulation
that must be done on all upright actions when you install a new action.
It is something that was missed at the factory.  Kimball missed lots of
things at the factory.

D.L. Bullock    St. Louis
 <http://www.thepianoworld.com/> www.thepianoworld.com