From storage to stage

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 18:36:59 -0800

Barbara asked: "It seems like it would be easiest to have a policy in place
so it =
automatically gets done and not have to make a request each time.  =
Thoughts?  Opinions?  What do you do?"

Barbara,
Although I do not do many concert situations, I insist the piano be on
stage, in place for at least 24 hours before the concert. Also, I like to
have ALL of the stage lights, that will be used during the concert, ON. And
left on until the "house" is opened to the public. If the venue will not do
this, then I refuse to do the work. (Period) Concert instruments are
"squirrely" enough without the added climatic problems caused by the
"administration" of such venues not knowing what the heck they're about, in
regards to THE PIANO! (hmm? please excuse the run-on sentence.<G>)
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares Are I