New wheels for a Yamaha U3

Keith McGavern kam544@gbronline.com
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 13:22:48 -0600

>>From: Roger Jolly <roger.j@sasktel.net>
>>... There was a nasty accident in a Hotel in our area. Some one
>>tripped over the protruding   part, of  those other type dollies,
>>and broke an ankle.  Since that time I will not install them with
>>out the client signing a waver.
>>=========================
>>         I've installed twin dollies available from Schaff or Jansen many
>>times on school pianos and they work very well
>>        Tom Driscoll

Roger,

I have always been concerned about the possibility of injury, either
personal and/or physical, when I have installed the Twin-Dollies, and
here you have brought to light an example of such a thing actually
occurring.

It's got the wheels in my head spinning about some type of
modification or buffer device for those two 4" protruding areas in
the rear that would make it be not quite so awkward or potentially
hazardous.

Maybe something will come of it. Thanks.

Keith
--
Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician