seeking square grand shipping insurance consultation

Thos. Carpenter carpthos@televiso.com
Sun, 31 Oct 2004 19:27:56 -0700

Dear Members of our List,

            I need some advice in estimating shipping insurance value on a
Chickering Square.  It supposedly has been rebuilt.  I'll be looking at it
this week to determine the quality and extent of the rebuild.

            I've had very limited experience with them.  In my early
apprenticing years I worked with a technician who rebuilt one.  Later, I saw
one sold for $3500 that needed rebuilding, from a dealer I apprenticed with.
I have one stored in my shop that I've messed with to see how one would go
about regulating it.  I'm not at all adverse to the things.  Though they
have comparatively primitive actions, I do regard them as musical
instruments, and with very beautiful cases.

            The client for which I'll be doing this service cannot find
anyone to take a look at it, so I accepted it knowing that there are some
technicians who contribute to this list that have as much or more knowledge
of the Squares than anyone in the world.

Sincerely,

Tom Carpenter

Berthoud, CO