OT-Road Service-Political

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks@yahoo.com
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 10:39:46 -0800 (PST)

Today is election day!  I hope all of you vote for the right person!

Matthew

gordon stelter <lclgcnp@yahoo.com> wrote:
A big gas tax, the proceeds of which are used for
renewable energy and anything-but-cars
transporatatioin systems ( I favor solar powered canal
boats, personally! ) would be of immense benefit to
this nation ( and all the other nations that get to
breathe our emmisssions ).
But technology is only 1/2 of the equation. The
other half is changing lifestyle from
corporate-slave-consumer mentality to
self-sufficient-do-it-yourself-
make-the-best-use-of-what-you-have-whenever-possible
mentality.
Results: Cut down pollution, increased self esteem
and mental health, better physical health, community,
etc..
Thump

--- Alan Forsyth
wrote:

> Terry said;
>
> ...."Too bad our transportation systems and social
> attitudes are so screwed up in this country.".......
>
> Yes, when we see pictures of the USA on the TV, all
> we ever seem to see is multi-lane highways with
> millions of vehicles, acres and acres of tarmac
> carparks clogged to capacity, and every city looks
> the same as the other, just one great big slab of
> concrete and tarmac ........... and why in the
> movies and news reports does it always take a
> hundred police vehicles to chase one car?
>
> I vote for the horse any day! (except today of
> course)
>
> AF

Matthew Todd
Todd Piano Works