same old/same old (yet another OT)

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 07:27:27 -0800

It's an unusual time.  We'll get back to it soon, I hope.  My suggestion
is to stop cluttering the list with complaints about cluttering the
list.

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net
-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Pianotunaguy@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 6:55 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: same old/same old (yet another OT)

In a message dated 11/3/04 8:17:33 AM, deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
writes:

you could have hit the delete key and wiped em' all out in about 5
seconds.

I deleted the entire pianotech list for several months because of this
kind of attitude.  The amount of discussion actually relating to pianos
seems to have gotten smaller since I last visited the list.  (3 out of
37! And since my first post, another 5, so now 42 to 3:  OTs win!)

Let me proclaim to all of you: THE PIANOTECH FORUM IS DEAD.  You
obviously all haven't realized it, yet, but look at what's in your
mailbox right now.  Pianotech does not exist any longer.  It has morphed
into an email list of personal opinion which has little or nothing to do
with pianos.

It is unfortunate.  Once, this list was a wealth of information.

Next time you feel as if everyone needs to know what you think about
Bush, Iraq, or God, ask yourself, WWDD?  (What would Del do?)  As I look
over the OTs, I don't see any from Del Fandrich.  And I'm realizing
right now: I don't know what Del thinks about Iraq!  And then I realize:
with as much respect as I have for him, his voluminous knowledge of
piano construction, and his contributions to this list in the past, I
don't really care what he thinks about Iraq.  And then I realize that I
also respect him for knowing that I don't really care about what he
thinks about Iraq and therefore he keeps it to himself.  Thank you, Del.

Mourn the death of Pianotech.

PianoTunaGuy