same old/same old (yet another OT)

Alan Forsyth alanforsyth@fortune4.fsnet.co.uk
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 17:07:31 -0000

To Tuna (with the chip on his shoulder), or put another way FISH & =
CHIPS,

Now look who's talking. You have only submitted 2 posts since June and =
both have been OT.

AF
"Democracy is the worst form of government, except all the rest." =
(Winston Churchill)
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Pianotunaguy@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 2:54 PM
  Subject: Re: same old/same old (yet another OT)

  In a message dated 11/3/04 8:17:33 AM, deanmay@pianorebuilders.com =
writes:

    you could have hit the delete key and wiped em=E2=80=99 all out in =
about 5 seconds.

  I deleted the entire pianotech list for several months because of this =
kind of attitude.  The amount of discussion actually relating to pianos =
seems to have gotten smaller since I last visited the list.  (3 out of =
37! And since my first post, another 5, so now 42 to 3:  OTs win!)

  Let me proclaim to all of you: THE PIANOTECH FORUM IS DEAD.  You =
obviously all haven't realized it, yet, but look at what's in your =
mailbox right now.  Pianotech does not exist any longer.  It has morphed =
into an email list of personal opinion which has little or nothing to do =
with pianos.  =20

  It is unfortunate.  Once, this list was a wealth of information.=20

  Next time you feel as if everyone needs to know what you think about =
Bush, Iraq, or God, ask yourself, WWDD?  (What would Del do?)  As I look =
over the OTs, I don't see any from Del Fandrich.  And I'm realizing =
right now: I don't know what Del thinks about Iraq!  And then I realize: =
with as much respect as I have for him, his voluminous knowledge of =
piano construction, and his contributions to this list in the past, I =
don't really care what he thinks about Iraq.  And then I realize that I =
also respect him for knowing that I don't really care about what he =
thinks about Iraq and therefore he keeps it to himself.  Thank you, Del.

  Mourn the death of Pianotech. =20

  PianoTunaGuy