Exit polls. OTsour grapes!

Sarah Fox sarah@graphic-fusion.com
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 12:31:54 -0500

Matthew,

>>Isn't it funny when a Rep. wins, everyone else says they cheated?  If you
want to find out who is a Kerry voter, just go stand on a corner with a Bush
sign and count how many people flip you off.  It adds up quick...oh...and it
doesn't matter if you bring your children with you...they'll still flip you
off..."daddy, why did he do that?"...

I seem to remember attending a Clinton rally at the University of Texas in
Austin (1992).  Mind you, this was CLINTON's rally.  But of course the young
Republicans were there in force.  I was there with my young children, trying
to show them something of the democratic process.  The Republicans were
waving around a HUUUUUUUGE sign that blocked our view of the podium.  OK,
well at least we could listen, or so we thought.  But it was really
difficult, with the Republicans constantly yelling obscene slurs about the
president, Hillary, and even Chelsea.  So much for "family" values, eh?  At
one point, the Republican mob started shoving us around, and we were holding
our children, trying to keep them from getting trampled.  One Republican,
about age 30, started screaming at me to get my "fucking kid" out of his
face, and he started boasting about his income.  He told me, angrily, that
his watch cost more than (he presumed) I earned in a year.  He did all this,
of course, as he was shoving us (all four of us) around.

Care to guess how confused and frightened our 2 and 4 year old children
were?

There's some pretty bad behavior on both sides, Matthew!  I don't blame it
on the parties, but the people.

And at no time do I relenquish the right to cry "foul" when the election is
rigged.  That's not being uncivil, and it's not being a bad sport.  We
should ALL want fair elections, right?  When we hold out ourselves to the
rest of the world as the very model of democracy, we should try to be at
least *somewhat* democratic.  I'm embarrassed as an American that our
election process is such a joke.

Peace,
Sarah