... and more...

Wed, 03 Nov 2004 20:24:58 -0600

At 18:19 11/3/2004, you wrote:
>Conrad,
>
>You really have to do some testing through out the section to make sure
>you have the right size cloth.   I'm beginning to now do a couple of
>sample bushings front and balance with two different thicknesses and
>checking them the next day for fit.
>
>David I.

That's what is so frustrating. I prep all the mortices by cleaning them out
with the appropriate size drill bit (pin size +2x cloth thickness) and this
has given me good (consistent) results on other pianos. Not this beastie.

Yes, I redid the loose ones w/thicker cloth.

I'll have to cogitate a bit more and really watch myself the next time
(next month).  There is obviously something which i am not doing entirely
consistently - must be old age creeping upp.

Conrad Hoffsommer
then used against you.