Fork accuracy

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Thu, 04 Nov 2004 08:37:39

Hi David,

How do you choose where to "float the pitch"? If at A4 then 4 beats would
be =~ 15 cents. If this "floating" is made necessary by humidity change,
then the piano is very likely still going to be unstable to some degree as
other areas of the instrument will be "out" by at least double your
"float". I'd try to offer the client advise about humidity control systems
so that they can benefit from the savings in tuning costs.

Let's not be like the legislative body that tried to "round off" pi to be
exactly equal to 3 *grin*.