Cordless screwdriver

Phillip Ford fordpiano@earthlink.net
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 17:00:24 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

With the holiday season approaching (I've already started seeing Christmas
decorations in some of the stores here, for crying out loud) may I offer a
gift suggestion, the Metabo Power Grip:

http://www.metabo.com/Technical_Data_and_Accessories.2053.0.html

This is a tool that I've found myself using quite a bit.  I'm currently
traveling shanks on a Steinway.  For whatever reason, this current set of
new parts is really bad, requiring lots of traveling paper and lots of on
and off of the flange screws, so the tool's been getting a workout.  I also
had another Steinway action frame that went out for repairs and all the
letoff buttons and screws had to be removed and then reinstalled - I think
the tool probably paid for itself on that task alone, as I saved the money
I would have had to spend on a wrist operation if I had done it by hand.

Ergonomic shape.  A single button for screw on and off (clockwise or
counter-clockwise rotation) - press on one side of button for on, other
side for off.  Adjustable torque levels and on the highest setting will
provide quite a bit of torque (plenty for action screws).  It comes with
two rechargeable batteries, so you can be charging one while using the
other.  I paid about $130 at my local tool store, but I see that they're on
Amazon for about $100.

Phil Ford