Cordless screwdriver

Phillip Ford fordpiano@earthlink.net
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 19:56:58 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

>With the holiday season approaching (I've already started seeing Christmas
>decorations in some of the stores here, for crying out loud) may I offer a
>gift suggestion, the Metabo Power Grip:
>
>http://www.metabo.com/Technical_Data_and_Accessories.2053.0.html
>
>This is a tool that I've found myself using quite a bit....
>
>Phil Ford

I've had a few inquiries about this offline, so I thought I might post this
review, which might give a little better idea about the tool, which is
somewhat different than your typical cordless drill.

http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/ezine/archive/49/toolpreview.cfm

Also, in response to Joe's comments, I would agree that it's not an
all-round tool.  I use it specifically for action work on the bench, almost
exclusively for screws.  I find drills, especially cordless drills, to be
heavy and unwieldy.  This tool is compact, light, and the battery lasts a
long time.  It also has the added feature of a dial in torque limit, so I
don't have to try to control the torque with my trigger finger.  I also
don't have to hunt for and flip a switch in order to reverse the
direction.  Either hit the right side or the left side of the trigger,
depending on which direction you want.

PF