OT's gearing back to the norm

Alpha88x@aol.com Alpha88x@aol.com
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:06:54 EST

In a message dated 11/4/2004 12:16:15 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lclgcnp@yahoo.com writes:

> B) Elimination of the Electoral College

Greetings,

         First: A Liberal professor from one of our local colleges was on our
local radio talk show yesterday. Now, this is an educated person speaking. He
said that if the electoral college were eliminated, minorities would not have
their votes counted in such a way that their votes would be effective or mean
anything.

         I am a conservative democrat, but I must agree with him. Sorry, but
exploring the way that system functions,  the electoral system is designed in
such a way that it makes voting more fair for minorites.

       Second, I would like to say that IMHO that from time to time it should
be okay for us to discuss this stuff here. I don't think anyone has gotten
carried away. We are all friends here, (or I'd at least I hope so) so, a bit of
venting now and then keeps a person mentally healthy, especially in a place
where you feel comfortable to do so.

        Ultimately it does help the piano tuning/repair trade because instead
of stewing inside and messing up your peak efficiency at work, at least you
got to say alittle and get it off your chest: maybe alittle healthy
disagreement, then its over.

         The election posts will dry up and we are all...  (the posters here
as well as all other Americans) are in the process of getting back to our
perspective trades, and getting our minds/emotions back onto regular work. I don't
know about anyone else, but I am fighting to gear back norm. Its a process.

          We survived.

Blessings to all
Julia,
Reaiding, PA