A-440 and Ethics.

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 20:27:49 -0500

Oops, Sorry Vinny. I missed your last paragraph there. Please disregard my
foot in my mouth.

Blessings,

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Dean May
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2004 6:07 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: RE: A-440 and Ethics.

People don't want to pay for pitch raises if they are having their pianos
tuned regularly. But if it has been 5 to 10 years most people expect to pay
more to get their piano in shape. For the regulars, use Reyburn Cyber Tuner.
It makes short work of pitch adjustments. It will also produce excellent
regular tunings for you to give you the confidence you need to fill the
other guy's shoes until you become registered.

If you are seeing excessive swings on a twice a year customer, then by all
means do not put it back to 440 every time. Split the difference. If it is
+25 in the summer and -25 in the winter, tune it to +12 and -12
respectively.