question about temperament strips (was RE: one rubber mute)

Piano Forte Supply pianoforte@pianofortesupply.com
Fri, 05 Nov 2004 18:04:05 -0800

Two comments: if the outside strings are not "close" to the pitch of the
middle string, they are more apt to "leak" through the temperament
strip.  (Also, if they are then tuned to the middle string, the middle
string will probably shift.  "You can't tune a piano that is not in tune")
As well, pianos will have different string spacings and your temp. strip
may not be tight enough because it is too thin.  I can supply pure wool
temperament strips in different thicknesses

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply